Bachelor of IT at Central Queensland University is systematically constructed to provide all the required knowledge and skills of IT and put it into practice for a successful IT career. The Industrial partners of the CQUniversity have provided their inputs to the course which allows the students to get an in-built practical experience.
Studying a Bachelor of IT at the CQUniversity.
Accredited by the Australian Computer Society (ACS) Bachelor of IT at CQUniversity offers the right mix of theoretical and practical knowledge making the students approachable to employers. Some of the major advantages of studying a bachelor of IT in CQUniversity are-
- The students graduate work-ready.
- CQUniversity is Australia’s largest regional university renowned for its impeccable Online education.
- CQUniversity is also one of the most inclusive universities in Australia with thousands of international students from various backgrounds.
- CQUniversity has award-winning academic and research staff who engrave in their students’ life long learning and transferable generic skills such as critical thinking and problem-solving
What you will study
The bachelor of IT at CQUniversity is 3 years full-time and a 6 years part-time course. Students should complete a total of 23 units including eight core units, seven units from a choice of three majors in Application Development, Business Analysis, or Cyber Security plus eight electives. The compulsory units for the students to complete are-
- Systems Analysis
- Programming Fundamentals
- Database Design & Implementation
- Information Technology and Society
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Networked Infrastructure Foundations
- ICT Project Management
- Professional Communications Skills for ICT
For more information please visit https://handbook.cqu.edu.au/he/courses/view/CQ18
The work-integrated learning in CQUniversity provides students with an opportunity for an internship which can eventually lead to full-time employment. The graduates of Bachelor of IT have a wide range of career choices-
- application programmer
- analyst programmer
- database administrator
- ICT customer support technician
- ICT support engineer
- ICT support technician
- information technology project manager
- network administrator
- security analyst
- systems administrator
- systems analyst
- web developer.
Requirements, Intakes Dates and Locations-
- IELTS score of overall 6 with no band less than 5.5 or equivalent
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test) – 75 or better overall and no score less than 17
- PTE score of overall 54 with no sub-score less than 46
Intake- Trimester 1, Trimester 2, Trimester 3
Location- Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Rockhampton, Sydney, Townsville, Online
Fee and scholarship
The indicative annual fee is AUD 31680.
- International Student Scholarship (ISS)
The International Student Scholarship (ISS) is available to all new international vocational, research, full degree and packaged academic coursework students who meet the academic criteria at CQUniversity Australia. The scholarship is valued at 25% and is available for the duration of the course. More information can be found on here https://www.cqu.edu.au/courses/future-students/scholarships/offerings/international-student-scholarship
- International Student Scholarship – Regional (ISS–R)
The International Student Scholarship – Regional (ISS – Regional) is available to all new vocational, research, full degree and packaged academic coursework students studying at a regional campus. The scholarship is valued at 25% and is available for the duration of the course. More information can be found here https://www.cqu.edu.au/courses/future-students/scholarships/offerings/international-student-scholarship-regional
For information regarding all available scholarships, visit the link