Australia is a paradise for adventure, stunning beaches, beautiful and natural wonders. From Queensland’s famous Great Barrier Reef noticeable from space, to the sacred Uluru that is home to abundant springs, rock caves, waterholes, and ancient paintings. There are countless, amazing sites that the down under has to offer.
If you’re planning for a much needed vacation, the Australia tourist visa is your key to forget work for a while. In this blog, we’ll take you through the requirements you can prepare for to make sure your dream to visit Australia comes true.
There are a number of travel agencies that can help you with all requirements, but it’s essential that you know what’s needed and not needed at the same time.
How to apply for the visitor visa 600 Australia
Firstly, you may visit the official Australian home affairs website to check the list of requirements and eligibility. We’ve provided this information for you here as well. You can apply online while submitting all necessary documents and sharing required information about yourself.
To put it simply, here’s what you need to do:
Step 1: Download the Australia tourist visa application form from the official Australian government website.
Step 2: Fill the application form, and make sure to enter accurate details and attach authentic documents requested.
Step 3: The authorities will process your documents and information submitted. The processing time may take a few days to a little over a month. This depends on the documentation submitted and other related factors or the details you’ve shared. The email you would expect from the authorities will have your visa linked to your passport number.
You may reach out to us to assist you with your visa application process. We can guide you through the process and documentation required.
The Australia tourist visa or tourist stream visa – subclass 600 is a temporary visa. Its length of stay is specified in the visa grant letter, which determines the duration and reason of your stay. You may receive a single or multiple entry visa with a validity period. This is so that you can leave and return to Australia on this visa.
You may apply for this visa within or outside Australia. Also, extending your visa is not permitted. You may apply for another visa once your validity period or duration of stay is concluded.
What you are permitted to do when in Australia on tourist visa
A visitor visa to Australia may not just work for those who wish to go see their friends and family, or go on a cruise. If you’ve applied for a micro course of up to three months, the visitor visa 600 Australia offers this facility to study. However, this visa does not permit you to work or be employed during this time.
The eligibility criteria to visit Australia
When applying for the Australia tourist visa from other countries, you must be outside Australia, until the decision has been made of whether or not to grant your visa.
Take note of the eligibility criteria:
- You must intend to stay temporarily in Australia.
- Your finances should be sufficient enough to support your duration of stay.
- You must meet the health and character requirements as stated on the Australian government website.
- You should be able to pay for the Australia tourist visa that is $150
Applying for a tourist visa when in Australia
It may happen that you’re in Australia during your visit, and you want to extend your stay. There could be several reasons like deciding to leave for your home country a little later. In this case, you may not be able to extend your visa but you can apply for the Australia tourist visa. For this, you must meet the same criteria as stated above. It is important to note that with this visa, you cannot work in Australia.
The visa cost is $380, and its processing time can range from almost two weeks up to 11 months, depending on the number of applicants.
Reasons why your visitor visa may get rejected
You are better equipped to provide the necessary requirements if you are aware of the factors that can lead to the rejection of your visa application.
Missing or confusing information
– Even the slightest of misinformation can lead to your visa application being rejected. So, make sure that whatever you submit does not contradict one point from another in your application. For example, if you fail to mention any health issues, or you mention the number of days you want to stay but your supporting funds match the number of the days.
Invalid or expired passport
– Sometimes, people do not realise that their passport validity has expired and fail to renew it. Alternatively, your passport may still be valid but you failed to match the details properly and created a mismatch with the information provided in the application.
Incorrect birth certificate
– You must submit your genuine birth certificate and not an invalid one that when identified can get your application rejection.
Properly stated employment record
– If you are employed at an organisation in your country of origin, you must provide the necessary details. This is usually asked to check if you have supporting and ongoing funds, which specifies your salary and length of stay at the job. This proves that you are visiting on a temporary basis and have a job to go back to after leaving Australia, and that you don’t intend to extend your stay.
Applying for the wrong visa
– Australia provides a wide range of visas applicable for different visiting goals. Therefore, if you are confused about which visa to apply for, you may reach out to our visa and immigration expert counsellors to help you.
– You should not have a criminal track record, which will result in getting your application rejected.
Contagious health condition
– If you have a contagious health condition like HIV, or a severe terminal illness like cancer, it is highly unlikely to get your visa application approved.
There are several other reasons why a visa may get rejected. You may connect with us to know more. If you need assistance with your tourist visa application process, contact our immigration experts.