Hi, How Can We Help You?

Canada Permanent Residency

A fulfilling career awaits you in Canada

Are you looking for promising and high-paying career opportunities? Canada offers several possibilities for you. At Expert Education, we provide expert consultancy to assist you in exploring Canada permanent residency options suitable to your requirements.

Canada Permanent Residency

Canada Permanent Resident application options

There are many pathways one can use for seeking permanent residency in Canada. However, these are the two key programs you can choose from to get nominated and apply for a permanent Canada visa:

However, these visas have permanent resident Canada requirements. Understanding these requirements is crucial for when you begin the visa application process.

Federal Skilled Worker (Express Entry)

You can get a Canada immigration express entry through the Federal Skilled Worker program. To apply for this program, you must:

  • hold skilled work experience 
  • meet English or French language requirements
  • have an education degree equivalent to a Canadian certificate, diploma or degree 

If you meet the above requirements, your application will be assessed based on:

  • age
  • education
  • work experience
  • a valid job offer to work in Canada
  • English or French language skills
  • your ability to adapt and settle in Canada

The factors listed above are part of a 100-point grid used for assessing the eligibility of the applicant. Your performance in each factor will determine the number of points you get, the current passing mark of which is 67 points.

Once your information meets the above criteria, you are then picked from the list of applicants that are assessed based on the highest-ranking candidates.

Thereafter, a different ranking system is used to assess your profile further. This tool will help you calculate your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score based on the answers you provide below. The CRS is a points-based system that we use to assess and score your profile and rank it in the Express Entry pool. It’s used to assess your:

  • skills
  • education
  • language ability
  • work experience
  • other factors

A detailed outlook on the requirements for the express entry

Skilled work experience

As a skilled worker, you must have worked in the following positions:

  • Managerial job (skill type 0)
  • Professional job( skill type A)
  • Technical job (skill type B)
  • Skill trades (skill type B)

As you apply, you must show that while working in your primary occupation, you performed the duties mentioned in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC (National Occupational Classification). The NOC includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Your skilled work experience must meet the following criteria:

  • You must be in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (primary occupation).
  • You should have worked in the same occupation within the last 10 years.
  • You must have paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • You should have at least 1 year of continuous work or completed a minimum of 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)

Part-time work experience

If you have part work experience in the work or field that you are applying for to work in Canada, your skilled work experience must be paid work, including paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships are not considered.

For part-time work, you may work for more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. Additionally, you can work more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need to apply. Work hours that you may have put in beyond 30 hours per week are not counted.

Student work experience

Working while studying may be counted into your minimum requirements list, if you have:

  • have been paid by wages or commissions
  • had continuous employment
  • met all the other requirements of the program
Language skills

You must take an approved language test that assesses your English or French language skills for writing, reading, listening, and speaking. Furthermore, you have to get a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all 4 abilities and enter the test results in your Express Entry Profile.

The language test score that you submit should be a recent score obtained or acquired within the last two years of application.


If you’ve studied in Canada, you must have a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:

  • secondary institution (high school) or
  • post-secondary institution

If you have not studied in Canada, you must have:

  • a completed credential
  • an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes. You can obtain the ECA from a designated organisation showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
    • secondary institution (high school) or
    • post-secondary institution
Proof of funds

While submitting your application, you must also submit proof of funds. This includes showing that you have enough money to support you and your family members who settle with you in Canada.

If not, you should be:

  • Currently and legally employed in Canada
  • Have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada

After you meet all of the above requirements, your next steps are to get your documents ready and submit your profile for processing.

You may connect with our Canadian immigration consultant in Australia to understand your chances of clearing through the express entry program.

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

The PNP may be applied by candidates who have not scored well in the Comprehensive Ranking System. Furthermore, this program also works for those who: 

  • Can contribute their skills, education and work experience to the economy of a specific province or territory
  • wish to live in that province, and
  • wish to become permanent residents of Canada

Each province and territory has its own “streams” and requirements, such as students, business owners, skilled or semi-skilled workers.

Your application options depend on the Provincial Nominee Program you select. The application process may either be paper-based or online through the Express Entry process.

Paper-based process

  • Apply to the province or territory for nomination under a non-Express Entry stream.
  • Meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.
  • Once nominated, submit a paper application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
  • Clear a medical exam and get a police check (certificate). Every candidate must have these checks, no matter where you plan to live in Canada.

The application processing period is longer than through the online Express Entry process.

Online Express Entry process

This application process can be done in two ways:

  • Contact the province or territory and apply for a nomination under an Express Entry stream.
  • If the province or territory agrees to nominate you, create an Express Entry profile and show you have been nominated.


  • Create an Express Entry profile and show the provinces and territories you’re interested in.
  • If a province or territory sends a “notification of interest” to your account, you may connect with them directly.
  • Apply to their Express Entry stream:
    • If you’re nominated, the province will offer it to you through your account, and you may accept it electronically.

Be it a nomination or notification of interest, you must:

  • meet the eligibility requirements of the province or territory.
  • submit an Express Entry profile and show that you meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry, including your eligibility for one of the immigration programs it covers.
  • And, if you are invited to apply, you may submit an electronic application to IRCC.

If you need assistance in selecting a province to live in Canada or your eligibility criteria, kindly contact our Canadian immigration consultant in Australia. Our expert consultant can help you apply for a suitable program specific to your application.