If you’ve been thinking about travelling to study in Canada from Nepal, you’ve got to know a few things before you can jump to any decision. Being prepared beforehand can help you realise your dreams of studying abroad.
Why Choose to Study in Canada
Studying in Canada can benefit you in more ways than one:
- Home to some of the best education institutions
- You are likely to find the Tuition Fees affordable
- Opportunity to work after completing your studies in Canada
- You may apply for a post-graduation work visa
- The work culture and environment are safe and friendly
The cost for studying in Canada might be more affordable than you think. For instance, for study programs in Social Sciences, Art, or Education, it costs you around C$ 400 per year. There are many other programs that may cost higher between the range of C$ 1000 and C$ 4000 per year. However, the majority of other courses may go well over C$ 10,000 per year. The degrees obtained through a Canadian University are considered equal to that of the USA or Australia.
At the same time, if affordability is a factor then you can also apply for scholarship programs. These scholarships are especially given at the post graduation level, the process being limited and highly competitive.
Canada is ranked for some of the top universities in the world. Several students choose to study in Canada because it is easy to apply for a Canada student visa from Nepal. The requirements for a student visa for Canada from Nepal are fairly possible to obtain and transparent in the process.
Need help with figuring the university that’s best for you? Expert Education offers the best consultancy in Nepal for Canada, so reach out to us for more information .
Canada is known to have low crime rates and cases of racial discrimination. International students can also enjoy a safe and secure work environment during study programs. The work permit in Canada allows international students to work up to 20 hours a week during college semesters and full-time during college breaks.
For international students who want to work post completion of studies, Canada provides post-graduation work permits. They are valid for up to three years, allowing one to work for any employer in Canada at a location preferable for you.
Canada offers high quality education to all students, which gives international students the benefit of pursuing a career anywhere in the world. International students can also apply for Permanent Residency should they decide to settle and work in Canada.
Scholarship to study in Canada
If your dream to study in Canada is limited due to the costs involved, we recommend applying for Scholarship.
Several universities offer various scholarships to international students like the Canada-ASEAN scholarships, Canada-CARICOM, and more.
Some of the scholarship requirements include:
- Proof of identity – Requirement of a passport or national identity card with valid dates and photos.
- Proof of enrolment – Official confirmation note given by the institute where you’ve enrolled for a full-time program.
- Letter of intent – A note in English or French from the candidate mentioning the nature of the course or research program selected. It should also mention the rationale for study in Canada and the institute you’ve chosen, and how the choice of study will help your future career, etc.
- Letter of support – A support letter is from the candidate’s professor, instructor or director on the official letterhead, explaining the nature of your study. The letter will also contain a note mentioning how the candidate will benefit from the scholarship program.
You may have additional requirements to address during the selection of a scholarship. Connect with our team to assist and guide you in the process.
Universities and Courses in Canada
Studying in Canada can be a dream come true for various international students. Plus, there are many options to choose from in terms of the universities and course options. Therefore, it is essential to know what the education system in Canada looks like, including the universities and courses available.
The education system is divided into three levels:
- Primary Education: This level of education starts from age 6 to 7 until the student reaches age 13 to 14 years, that is, until grade 8.
- Secondary Education: This secondary or high school level runs from grade 9 to grade 12.
- Post-Secondary Education: At this level, students can choose the university and course they prefer.
Canada has internationally recognised universities offering a variety of courses, the duration of which depends on the course you choose to study.
Canadian Universities that you can choose from:
University Canada West
- Cape Breton University
- Thompson Rivers University
- Nippising University
- Crandall University
- Acadia University
- Mount Allison University
- St Mary’s University
- Yorkville University
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Alberta
You can get a range of courses to choose from, including:
- Biosciences, Medicine and Healthcare
- Media and Journalism
- Agricultural Science and Forestry
- Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science & Analytics
- Psychology & Human Resources
- Some of the best fields in bachelor’s degrees offered are:
- Bachelors of Business Administration
- Bachelors in Environmental Sciences
- Bachelors of Computer Science
- Bachelors of Engineering
- Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media
A few popular Master’s degree options available in Canada:
- Masters in Computer Science
- Masters in Civil Engineering
- Masters in Public Health
- Masters in Finance
- Masters in Human Resource Management
Admission Process in Canada
Canada is becoming a popular destination for international students because of its transparent and accessible visa application process.
Each institution has a specific set of policies regarding admission requirements for international students. Furthermore, the entry criteria vary from one program to another. For instance, the minimum percentage required for community colleges is 55% and above in the previous educational qualification, and for universities, the minimum qualification in the last institute is 60% and above. Also, an English Proficiency score is required.
The Canada student visa fee is C$100, be it for a single or multi-entry level, including extensions.
A few entrance exams need to be taken depending on whether you pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
For instance, clearing the SAT exam allows you to gain admission to top universities. Similarly, you may be required to take the GRE and GMAT entrance exams for a master’s course.
As an international student, be it for a bachelor’s or master’s degree, you must take the English language test. These tests could be IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
At Expert Education, we can help you better understand the admission process involved and assist you in arranging necessary documents.
Living in the Great White North
The processes involved in visa application for Canada from Nepal can get tedious without professional help. At the same time, once you’ve accomplished this step, your journey truly begins once it’s time for you to step out of Nepal and into a whole new different world.
Canada is an amazing place to be and offers so much to those who come here to fulfil their dreams. Canada is the second largest country located in the North of the world with a massive amount of Arctic Frozen Tundra and snow. Hence, the country gets its popular name – The Great White North.
When studying in Canada, you can enjoy a better quality of life. You also have access to significant healthcare facilities, world-class education, and experience the perks of a robust economy.
Some of the best cities to look forward to are Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, among many other amazing cities.
The cost of living in Canada really depends on your budget, where you live and how much you need to spend on essentials. From skiing in Whistler to visiting Niagara Falls, sight-seeing Prince Edward Island and exploring the Banff National Park, located in the Rocky Mountains near Calgary, there’s plenty to see and even more to experience. International students are free to celebrate festivals, attend concerts, and enjoy camping, concerts, among other activities and adventures.
There’s a lot more that you can find out about living and studying in Canada. Reach out to our experts today!
For decades, international students have moved to study abroad in Canada for higher education. The high-quality education offered here is exceptional with experiential learning.