Subclass 103

Parent Visa

The Parent Visa is a permanent visa, and it allows the parent to migrate to Australia. It could be the parent of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. This means that to be eligible for subclass 103 parent visa, you must be the parent of a child who is a settled Australian citizen.

In addition, you should also meet the applicable visa conditions and follow Australian law. While applying for this visa, make sure that you have not already applied for or hold the  Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa.

You cannot reside in Australia while awaiting this visa decision.

With this visa, you can stay, work or study in Australia indefinitely. Also, you can travel multiple times outside of Australia for the first five years of the date your visa is granted. If you wish to travel after completing the initial five years, you need to apply for a Resident Return (RRV) so that you can re-enter Australia as a permanent resident. Obviously, you can do this only when the RRV is granted to you.

Furthermore, you might also want to consider Australian citizenship, which can remove the condition of applying for a visa every time you wish to enter Australia. 

As a retiree parent, you are not obliged to meet the balance of family test, or have a sponsor or support assurance.    

To learn more about applying for a parent visa, contact our expert team today.