Australian student Visa from Nepal

If you’ve been planning to study abroad in Australia, we’re here to guide you.

How to begin your journey to successfully study in Australia:

  • Start shortlisting the cities and educational institutes of your preference
  • Check the admissions process and apply
  • Get approved at an institute for your preferred study level and program
  • Apply for a Student Visa Subclass 500
  • Submit all accurate information and documents
  • Successful visa approval? Travel to Australia – achieve your dreams

At Expert Education Nepal, we offer students consultancy services in Nepal for their education and visa requirements. We’ve helped 100K+ international students achieve their study abroad dreams. Partnered with 400+ education institutions in the US, Australia, Canada, and the UK, we aim to journey with every student on their way to the college or university best suited to them.

How to apply for an Australia student visa from Nepal

The steps involved in completing your student visa application involve:

Applying for the Australia student visa subclass 500 entails the following requirements:

  • Applicable to students aged 6 or older or who are not participating in a secondary school student exchange program.
    You must also be:
    • less than 17 years old when you begin Year 9
    • less than 18 years old when you begin Year 10
    • less than 19 years old when you begin Year 11 
    • less than 20 years old when you begin Year 12 
  • Enrol is a study program and provides proof of the same.
  • If you are under 18, you must make welfare arrangements.
  • Provide proof of your English language skills, such as your test score in a recognised and globally accepted English Language test like IELTS.
  • Have applied for and obtained a suitable health insurance plan.     
  • Proof of sufficient finances to support your stay in Australia for the duration of your course and till you go back to your country of residence.
  • Be a genuine temporary entrant with the intention of returning to your home country after completing your studies.
  • Meet the character requirements.
  • Agree to and sign the Australia values statement.
  • Pay back a debt of any kind (if you have a debt) to the Australian government.
  • Should have a history of visa cancellation or application refusal. This part will be reviewed before considering your visa application.

This application may not be granted if it does not seem to be in the best interest of an applicant under 18.

  • Commence application for the Australia Student Visa Subclass 500:

Create your ImmiAccount to start applying for your visa. Attach all necessary and requested documents for the student visa subclass 500. Pay for the visa application, which will cost you AUD 710. 

The prices mentioned here are accurate at the time of writing this article and might change in the future. You may visit the Australian immigration website to check and confirm the actual fee.

You must apply online from Nepal, and the form you submit should represent a complete and decision-ready application.

  • Make sure to respond to any more requests related to your application and submit any additional documents needed.

What you get as an Australia Student Subclass 500 Visa Holder

With the Australia Student Visa Subclass 500, you get the following:

  • You can stay for up to five years and in line with your study program duration
  • You can enrol in an eligible study program in Australia
  • You can travel in and out of Australia
  • You can work up to 48 hours a fortnight during your study program

While arriving in Australia, you will be given an Incoming Passenger Card, details of which you must fill up. You will get this card while on board, so you can fill and submit it when asked for at the airport in Australia.

Need assistance and guidance to apply for an Australia student visa from Nepal?


You can choose to study in a country abroad based on your study and career goals. However, if you consider Australia then you must know that the country has reputed and global ranking universities. You can get one of the best education here and expect better career prospects.

No, you cannot extend your current student visa. You will have to apply for a new visa.

If your student visa expires before your graduation, you may qualify to apply for a different visa based on your situation, such as a visitor visa. A letter from your education provider confirming your graduation date will be required. However, if your student visa expires before you complete your studies, you must apply for another student visa.

Yes, you can bring a family member with you if you have already mentioned them as your existing family member in the visa application. They must meet the health and character requirements, and be a genuine temporary entrant.