Applying at your choice of education institutes abroad and getting selected through the admission process is one phase, taking you closer to your study goals. The moment you are confirmed to join a university as an international student from Nepal, the next step is to get started with the visa application process.
If you are from Nepal and have plans to study abroad, you’ll need all the information you can get for your visa application process. We’ll help you with the necessary details regarding documentation and the process involved in applying for a visa.
Documents required for visa application to study abroad from Nepal
There can be a list of documents you have to keep ready with you before you can begin applying for a student visa. Making sure that you have all the documentation and paperwork ready can ease the process and make it hassle-free for you.
The documents required for visa application include:
- Valid passport
- Proof of study from established education institute
- Proof of available funds to validate your stay
- Proof of English language fluency (IELTS, PTE, etc.)
- Photos / Photo ID
- Acceptance letter
- Student loan approvals
- Academic qualifications
- Proof of international student health cover
The above information is a set of standard documentations required. However, these requirements may differ based on the country you wish to study. You may visit other sections on website to understand more about these specific countries where you may be planning to study:
The process of Visa application for students from Nepal
Applying for a visa to study abroad is fairly straightforward. You can follow either of the two ways, including:
- Online Visa Application: Visa application forms specific to a country are available online. This means that you can create your personal student profile on the visa application website of that country and fill the necessary fields correctly.
- Offline Visa Application: Should you choose to submit the visa application form personally, you can simply download the form and fill in the details.
Once either of the above visa application processes is complete, you will be required to pay the visa application fee and submit it with all the supporting documents.
This visa application process can take a few days to several months. So, it might be wise to apply 3-4 months in advance. If you require assistance with financial aid, scholarships or education loans, it could take a few more months for the application process to complete. For further assistance and guidance, feel free to contact our Expert Education team.