The prospect of studying abroad in the UK gives you the opportunity to excel in academics. You get to broaden your perspective while also experiencing a culture that is most likely to be different from your own.
Why most international students look for the best consultancy in Nepal for UK is because they have information that is guaranteed to help them. At Expert Education, you get to seek advice from the best education consultants in Nepal for UK. From the Universities you can apply to the visa type most suited to your study requirements, the information and guidance is comprehensive.
Our education consultants can give you a better view at some of the highest-ranking globally-accredited universities in the UK. You may also stand the chance to get employment opportunities after graduation from a UK university.
Preparing for the journey from Nepal to the UK
When you decide to seek advice from top education consultants in Nepal for UK, you will get authentic information. This could include information from the universities available to the tuition fees, scholarship details, lifestyle habits, and even the cultural habits of the people who live in the UK. At Expert Education, expect to get an in-depth scope of details that will help gear you up for your journey from Nepal to the UK.
Preparations to consider while traveling abroad
We’ll take you through the list of requirements that you should consider before and during your travel to the UK.
Before taking off, make sure to:
- Print the flight tickets, and those for any interconnecting flights
- Book travel insurance for your journey
- Carry with you all the relevant documents like boarding passes, passport, etc.
- Order for British currency
- Check whether your Government in Nepal has restrictions on the amount of money you can take out of your country
- Check that your luggage weighs less than the maximum amount permitted
For your stay in the UK, you can make sure to:
- Check for details on traveling to your new accommodation before you fly
- Arrange for overnight accommodation that might be needed after your arrival
- Check the travel duration to get to your new accommodation
- Research the public transport facilities available to you in the city you choose to study in the UK
Universities and courses available in the UK
In the United Kingdom, you will find a host of universities and courses that align with your career goals. If you want to make sure to choose wisely then don’t hesitate to connect with our best education consultants in Nepal for UK.
From undergraduate to postgraduate courses, here’s a list of the some of the universities in the UK:
- Royal Northern College of Music
- University of Bradford
- Coventry University
- Imperial College London
- Birkbeck, University of London
- University of Plymouth
- University of Creative Arts
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- University of Bedfordshire
- London Metropolitan University
- Middlesex University
- UWE Bristol
- University of West London
- University of East London
- University of Northampton
- University of Sunderland (London Campus)
- Birmingham City University
Popular fields of study:
- Social Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Social Science
- Media & Communication
Applying for admission at a University
Here’s what you need to know while applying for admissions in any university in the UK.
- Select the university, college or course
A university that approves of your application will expect that you arrange for the funds required.
Common set of documents to submit while applying in the admission process:
- Personal information, including your photo ID & academic history
- Birth certificate
- Academic transcripts
- Reference letters, if required
- Passport, national identification card
- Copies of degree/diploma certificates
- Evidence of English competency – IELTS score/TOEFL iBT/C1 Advanced/PTE Academic
- Graduate applicants may have to submit a research proposal if required
- Make sure to consider crucial deadlines that some of the universities have for international students.
Important deadlines for specific courses or degree programs:
- Mid-January: UCAS deadline for EU/EEA students
- August: The UCAS clearing process. Universities may open up remaining places for late university applicants in the current academic year
- End of June: Deadline for non-EU/EEA international students
Mid-October: Deadline for Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Medicine courses
How to apply for a student visa in UK from Nepal?
When planning your opportunity to study abroad in the UK, it’s essential to know how to apply for a student visa in UK from Nepal. Here’s a summary for the requirements you need to consider.
Types of UK Student Visas
The type of UK Student Visa is based on the course you select and its duration.
1. Short-term UK Student Visa (study visa):
If you are applying for a Short-term study visa:
- A CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) letter should be given by the University that offered you admission.
- Proof of financial statements will be required to show that you can bear living and study expenses in the UK.
2. General UK Student Visa (Tier 4):
The General student visa (Tier 4) requirements include:
- A CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) letter has to be provided by the University that offered you admission.
- A Proof of financial statements to show your ability to bear the living and study expenses in the UK.
- International students can pay the healthcare surcharge to access the National Health Service (NHS) facilities to avail health benefits.
Keep these essential documents ready with you.
- A valid passport, which means your passport should have not expired. Apply for a passport renewal before applying for a visa to the UK.
- Financial documents that support your expenses for the duration of your study program.
- The CAS reference number.
- Passport-sized coloured photographs.
- ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) clearance certificate.
Applying for a student visa in UK from Nepal
- Your Study Visa application process for the UK starts with collecting a CAS letter.
- You have to arrange for and submit supporting documents that provide proof of funds to cover your course fees, etc. These are documents you must keep ready before applying for your visa online.
- After this, you can visit the official UKVI visa website to get registered and create an account.
- You will get navigation instructions to fill the online visa application form. You can print out a copy of this visa application, sign the completed form, and book an appointment at the visa application centre.
- You must pay for IHS (Health Care Surcharge) for the entire duration of your stay in the UK.
- Upon completion of the online visa application, you will be notified with a confirmation message and your application number.
- You must pay your application fee, either online using visa or Mastercard or through your bank branch or demand draft facility.
- After this, you can visit the visa application centre on the appointed date and submit your completed visa form, facial photograph and biometrics.
Cost of studying and living in the UK
The total average cost of studying in the UK is approximately £22,200 per year. That said, the cost of taking up a course in London might be significantly higher.
The costs involved that are based on the program you undertake:
- Undergraduate bachelor program: £ 7000 to £ 20,000 per year
- Postgraduate master’s program: £ 10,000 to £ 25,000 per year
- Doctoral program: £ 15,000 to £ 30,000 per year
Tier 4 Student Visa:
- £ 348 (application fees to apply from outside the UK)
- £ 475 (to extend or switch to a Student visa from inside the UK)
Applying for a full-time course at a university? Make sure that the university you choose holds the Tier 4 Sponsor License. The Tier 4 Sponsor License allows education providers to sponsor international students applying for full-time study programs in the UK through CAS.
You can apply for the Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa if you are the parent applying for your child aged 4 – 17 and for those who want to apply at an independent school in the UK.
For students aged 16 and above, the Tier 4 (General) Student Visa may be applied. However, this visa is not applicable for short-terms programs or language courses.
For a course that falls within a shorter duration like for eleven months, may apply for a short-term study visa. The application fees in this case would be £ 186.
Acquiring a scholarship to study in the UK
Apart from the expenses you will incur on accommodation and food, etc. studying in the UK is also going to cost you. If you are limited by your budget, you have the option of applying for a scholarship to study in the UK.
You may find out the types of scholarship programs offered at different universities by visiting their respective websites. You can also seek professional advice from our top consultancy in Nepal for UK at Expert Education.
Planning to pursue a postgraduate degree in the UK? Applying for the GREAT Scholarship can help fulfil your study goals. You can also try applying for other scholarships like global scholarship, country-specific, and science and research funding support.
Cost of living expenses in the UK
The cost you incur in the UK depends on the city you choose to study.
Here’s a summary of the approximate costs involved:
|UK student Visa Application Fees:||£ 348 (one-time)|
|Housing:||£ 500 per month|
|Transportation:||£ 150-200 per month|
|Food:||£ 150-200 per month|
|Clothing and Leisure:||£ 50 per month|
|Telephone and Mobile:||£ 50 per month|
Additional costs can also include university or private accommodation, long and short distance travel, intercity buses, railways; utilities like electricity, gas, books, clothes, toiletries, and food, etc.
Living a new life in the UK as an international student from Nepal
The United Kingdom is home to one of the top most universities, second only to the USA. They have a reputation of world-class research facilities. However, the UK has a lot more to offer other than academics.
The cultural habits from pulling jokes to the manner of speaking. Meeting new people in the UK can have you experience a whole new level of perspective. Also, prepare to be at the receiving end of people who speak differently based on their origin in the UK. You can also expect the four seasons weather from a morning heatwave to a rainy downpour, the freshness of spring and a winter child all in one day. The public holidays in the UK include public or bank holidays, as most celebratory days are few in the UK.
As you prepare your shift from Nepal to study in the UK, getting professional guidance from our education consultants will surely help you a long way.
Home to the world’s most outstanding educational facilities, the UK boasts of institutes globally ranked highest through the years. The unique teaching style also lends itself to strengthening a student’s critical thinking skills, exposing them to new and emerging technologies.