If you want to live temporarily or permanently with your partner in Australia, you can apply for the Partner Visa. To put it specifically, this visa allows you the spouse, de facto partner of an Australian citizen, Australia PR, or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia, temporarily or permanently. This visa class will differ based on whether or not you are at the time living in Australia or overseas.

If you are applying in Australia


Partner visa (Temporary)

This temporary visa can be applied for when the applicant is in Australia. The temporary partner visa can directly lead to a permanent partner visa.


Partner visa (Permanent)

The permanent partner visa allows you to live permanently in Australia. If you want to apply for this visa then you must already hold a valid temporary partner visa (subclass 820).

If you are applying from outside Australia


Partner (Provisional) visa

The subclass 309 partner visa is a provisional visa that allows you to apply for it when residing outside of Australia


Partner (Migrant) visa

The subclass 100 partner visa allows you to permanently migrate to Australia to live with your partner. However, to apply for this visa, you must be holding a valid temporary Partner Visa (subclass 309) at the time of visa application. 

To know more about your chances to apply for any of the visas mentioned above, contact our expert team today.