Skilled Nominated Visa subclass 190 is a visa for permanent stay in Australia. This visa is provided only for candidates with state or territory nominations in Australia. It can be applied by staying in or outside Australia.
What does subclass 190 visa has to offer?
The Skilled Nominated Visa 190 allows you to study and work in Australia. The visa also offers permanent residency in Australia and further application for Australian citizenship. You can also sponsor your family members and other eligible relatives to come to Australia. With this visa, you will be free to move in and out of Australia at any time without applying for any additional visas. It also provides you with an opportunity to enrol in the Medicare health care program run by the Government of Australia.
The eligibility criteria for the skilled nominated visa – 190 include:
- The applicant must be under 44 years of age.
- Be able to score 65 points or more.
- Be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency. Every state or agency has its own guidelines of nomination.
- Meet skills requirement – occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations for the 190 Skilled Nominated visa.
- Have at least a competent level of English.
- Meet all the Australian Government’s health and character requirements.
- Clear all dues with the Australian Government.
How to apply for a 190 Visa?
- Check for the skill or occupation you are proficient at in the Skilled Occupation List. A vacancy must be present for you to apply for the position.
- Ensure you meet all the eligibility requirements of the visa as mentioned above.
- For your application to be valid, you must declare that you have a suitable skills assessment at the time of invitation. You will need to submit a copy of your skills assessment with your application.
- Then produce an Expression of Interest through the SkillSelect portal to apply for this visa.
- After submitting the Expression of Interest, the Government reviews the application and nominates if found fit.
- Once you receive the nomination, you can apply for the Skilled Nominated Visa 190. The state nomination Australia is the most vital part of 190 visa applications.
- The processing time after the application is over three months. You can start working in Australia after receiving the visa.
What if you want to apply for a more extended stay?
You do not need to apply for an extended stay as this is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely with a travel component that expires 5 years after the date of the visa granted.