The training visa – subclass 407 allows you to take part in workplace-based occupational training activities. These activities are meant to improve your job skills, area of tertiary study, field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia.
To be eligible for this visa, you must be:
- Nominated (unless your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- Invited (if your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- 18 years or older at the time of visa application
The 407 visa processing time takes around 12 to 16 months. However, the processing time may take longer if you have filled the application form incorrectly, do not include all the documents, or have failed to provide relevant verification to the information provided.
What the training visa subclass 407 has to offer
The training visa allows an applicant to stay in Australia for up to two years depending on the type of training. Based on the purpose, the nomination requirements are different. This visa covers the following 3 types of occupational training:
- Occupational training required for registration
- Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas, which includes overseas qualification, government or professional support.
What if you want to apply for a longer stay?
You are not allowed to extend your stay with this visa. You may apply for another visa, for which different options are available.