PR or Permanent Residency in Australia is a prevalent decision taken by international students. The country is known for its excellent education system and its top-rated universities. Australia offers a lot of part-time work options and work permits after finishing up higher education and this is why a lot of international students choose Australia. If you’re an international student holding a student visa 500, subclass 485 visa, or another valid Australian visa, this blog is for you.
Why is Australia a good option for Permanent Residency?
The country has a strong economy which improves day by day and thus creates new job opportunities very frequently. Applicants should keep in mind that a permanent residency is not citizenship. Given below are certain reasons that make Australia the ideal choice for students and professionals: –
- Permanent residency holders are allowed to live in Australia without any restrictions. They are also allowed to study or work as they see fit.
- Permanent residents are allowed access to the national healthcare scheme known as Medicare.
- More than 2 Australian cities rank above the top 10 most liveable cities in the world. This is because Australia provides the best lifestyle and quality education to its residents as well as citizens.
Why is selecting the right course important while considering permanent residency in Australia?
- Contrary to popular belief, not all courses can give students the credentials required to qualify for permanent residency. Before starting the application process, the eligibility criteria and the factors leading to PR in Australia should be thoroughly researched.
- However, choosing a course based solely on the possibility of obtaining permanent residency is not recommended. Australian migration law is complex and changes frequently. Depending solely on the PR aspect when selecting a course may result in disappointment if the law changes within the next few years. It is important to ensure that the occupations you plan to pursue align with your PR goal. Getting help from experienced Registered Migration Agents can greatly help you understand your chances of getting permanent residency in Australia after your studies.
What are possible best courses for permanent residency in Australia?
➤ Engineering Courses
Students who are enrolled in engineering courses in Australia have an increased chance of being qualified for PR. One of the most in-demand job roles in Australia is the role of an engineer.
This encompasses all types of engineers from the following field:-
- Mechanical engineering
- Petroleum engineering
- Mining engineering
- Transport engineering
- Structural engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
Engineering students can secure a job after their graduation from the skilled migration program to qualify for PR..
➤ Business and Accounting Courses
One of the fastest-growing occupations in Australia is Accounting. This is why the demand for accounting graduates is also high.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting as well as a master’s in accounting can open up a lot of job opportunities for students. Australia hires accounting students for the following job roles for PR: – Management accountant, general accountant, taxation accountant, corporate treasure and external editor.
➤ Medical and Nursing Courses
Australia is known worldwide for its excellent healthcare system. This is why it is one of the most favorable places in the world to pursue medicine as well as nursing courses. Moreover, with the growing rate of the Australian population, the demand for healthcare professionals is also rising.
A nursing course can help students apply for the following job roles: –
- Nurse (Child and Family Health), Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
- Nurse (Disability and Rehabilitation)
- Nurse (Paediatrics)
- Nurse (Developmental Disability)
- and Nurse (Surgical)
➤ Social Work Courses
Social work courses are one of the most popular choices for international students. The courses are targeted to teach and guide students to work with underprivileged individuals to bring drastic and visible changes to their lives.
On completion of courses, students can apply for the following job roles:-
- Disability Service Officer
- Community Worker
- Social Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Welfare Worker
- Youth Worker and Welfare Centre Manager
➤ Computer and Information Technology Courses
The booming economy of Australia requires the assistance of a plethora of skilled IT professionals. A degree from a recognised Australian university can not only help students secure good jobs in Australia but also in other countries.
Graduates can find jobs in the following sectors and the following job roles after the completion of their education: –
- Analyst Programmer
- Developer Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Applications Programmer
- Software application Programming
- Web Developing Cyber Security Specialist
➤ Early Childhood Education & Care
An Early Childhood qualification in Australia can help students streamline their PR efforts. Acquiring their qualifications from Australia allows them to create contacts and gain experience. Thus they can easily apply for a PR once they have secured the relevant qualifications.
- Early childhood education assistant
- Kindergarten assistant
- Early childhood director
- Family day care carer
- School-aged care assistant
➤ Trade Courses – with a focus on Cooking & Chef, Automotive, building and construction courses.
Trade courses such as cooking and chef courses, automotive courses and building and construction courses are some of the most high-demand courses in Australia. With the automotive industry and the cooking industry’s constant demand for skilled professionals all year round, these courses can help students secure a PR in Australia.
Students can apply for the following job roles after completing their trade course:-
- Construction Project Manager
- Construction Estimator
- Building Inspector
- Roof Tiler
- Floor TIler
- Pastry Cook
- General Mechanic
- Motor Mechanic
- Automotive Mechanic
- Diesel Motor Mechanic
You can also find a few ways to increase your PR points through reliable methods. Reach out to us if you want to seek guidance on increasing your PR points for obtaining Australian Permanent Residency.